There may come a day when one of our pressure vessels will need some type of work done on it and when that day comes we need to ensure the contractor doing the work holds an "R Stamp" from The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.  The "R" stands for "repair" and anyone who makes repairs OR alters a boiler, pressure vessel, and other pressure-retaining item MUST have a current "R Stamp".  

The National Board offers the Certificate of Authorization and R symbol stamp for the repair and/or alteration of boilers, pressure vessels, and other pressure-retaining items. Requirements are described in NB-415, Accreditation of R Repair Organizations.

Organizations seeking a National Board R Certificate of Authorization must complete NB-12, Application for the National Board R Certificate of Authorization and:

Membership necessary to read article...

View 's profile on LinkedIn

 LinkedIn Group Button



safteng man copy


I am Teaching Email Signature


Partner Companies


Chill Transparent

kemkey logo




 organdonor website reputation